Friday, August 25, 2017

If I Were


If I slept in the statehouse,

I’d heed more to motions

than words that are said.

The angst that sway the suburbs

would return with fleur of justice:

If I were who they are
 

If I woke up

with pen of bills in my hands

I’d sign hope into life:

Hope ever untold of the people―

Challenging course of flesh,

and rising above walls of greed.

 

If I sat on seat of decisions

we’d settle all matters in concert,

and dreams brought to life.

Children would smile in content,

  while folks nod in reception.
 

  we all would sit together,


If rations were on my table,

we all would have our feel

and if I had bread and wine

I’d share like body of Christ.

If I were who they are,

we all would be who I am
 
 
Elambo N. Tamanjong
Poet 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment